BA (Hons) Business Management (Marketing)
This undergraduate programme will prepare you for the evolving world of business and marketing through a range of modules, all focusing on the fundamental aspects of managing an organisation and marketing it successfully. Learn through a range of seminars, lectures and workshops to build your knowledge and enhance your skills.
There are two study options available:
- Full-time with foundation year
The foundation year helps qualify and prepare the students for the full-time programme. The full-time programme has a focus on employability to ensure you graduate with not only knowledge about your subject, but skills to help you succeed in the workplace.
Accreditations and rankings
The University of Law is the UK's longest-established specialist provider of legal education with an employability rate of 97%*. This institute has over 100 years of experience supporting students to build successful careers.
Who is the programme for?
he BA (Hons) Business Management (Marketing) is aimed at students who have an interest in developing their knowledge of business and marketing, and particularly those who are looking to pursue a career in the business marketing area.
This programme can be used as a platform into a wide range of business management careers, including management consultant, business analyst or operations manager and positions within a wider business context.
How will you learn?
Besides the traditional methods of lectures and seminars, GISMA also offers student’s access to our Virtual Learning Environment, Elite. This enables you to learn outside the classroom by accessing an abundance of study materials. You will also be required to collaborate with others through group projects.
In addition to these methods, you will also have access to our online library facilities and learning resources from the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Financial Times.
Studying BA (Hons) Business Management (Marketing) can lead you down a number of business and marketing career paths. If your interests lie specifically in marketing, your career may start as a:
- Marketing executive or
- Market research analyst
Alternatively, if you are interested in business, you might become a:
- Business consultant
- Business development manager
- Management consultant
- Business analyst or an
- Operations manager
Your career options are limitless with a BA!
GISMA offers flexible payment plans that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees. A specific payment plan for you can be agreed with GISMA and only the deposit is the fixed amount that is required. Students can spread out the payments as they like, as long as this is in line with the payment date deadlines.
Foundation Year Modules
The Foundation Year will consist of six compulsory modules:
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits)
- Introduction to Marketing (20 credits)
- Introduction to Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Introduction to Management (20 credits)
- Numeracy Skills for Business (20 credits)
- Academic and Report Writing (20 credits)
Year 1 Modules
The first year will consist of six modules:
- Essentials of Management (20 credits)
- Academic and Professional Studies (20 credits)
- Principles of Marketing (20 credits)
- Accounting and Finance (20 credits)
- International Business Environment (20 credits)
- Managing and Leading People (20 credits)
Year 2 Modules
The second year will consist of six modules:
- Leading Change (20 credits)
- Corporate Responsibility in a Global Context (20 credits)
- Economics and Global Trade (20 credits)
- Personal and Professional Development (20 credits)
The other available modules are:
- Information and Resource Management (20)
- Financial Management (20)
- Personal Finance (20 credits)
- Contemporary Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- International Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Customer Behaviour (20 credits)
- Marketing Communications in the Digital World (20 credits)
Year 3 Modules
The third year will consist of five modules:
- Sector Specific Project or Sector Internship or Dissertation. (40 credits)
- Global Leadership (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
Compulsory Marketing Pathway Module (one)
- International Digital Marketing
The other available modules are:
- Effective Managerial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Financial Risk Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- A boutique business school - tailored approach to students
- In partnership with The University of Law, a 150-year-old institution. It is one of the UK's longest-established specialist providers of legal education.
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented
- Scholarships and flexible payment plans available
- Perfect city centre locations in Berlin
- Free German classes
- Programmes taught 100% in English
- Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
- 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
- Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
- Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
- Berlin is the second-largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities for young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Starting at undergraduate level (three-year degree):
- Grades BBC at A Level and Grade C or grade 4 or above in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent qualifications).
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Starting at the foundation level (four-year degree):
- 32 UCAS points from the equivalent of one A Level or 40 UCAS points from the equivalent of two A Levels.
- 5 GCSEs at A-C (9 to 4) including English, and Grade D (4) or above in Maths or equivalent qualifications.
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
3 Years (full-time) / 4 Years (full-time with foundation year)
About the School
GISMA was proud to announce its partnership with ULaw in 2017. As a result of this cooperation, GISMA is able to offer a range of postgraduate programmes including human resources, marketing and data ... Read More