The preparation of experts on education and training able to operate in a non-scholastic context, in social planning, in public services and training organizations, non-profit and private enterprises.
- Professions linked to the learning and training processes involved in services for individuals, families and the community
- Professions concerned with the improvement of relationships in services for the public (in particular the elderly, minors and families) and in difficult community situations
- Education and training professions in Public Administration, in State-controlled and local organizations, and positions involving co-operation with institutions
- Professions linked to intercultural relations and international co-operation
- Professions linked to education, training, and planning regarding environmental protection and intervention at a local level.
- Children's Adviser
- Elderly People's Adviser
- Labour Adviser
- Social and Community Adviser
There is no selection test for enrolment in the course, but there is a test to ascertain the student's initial level of competences: students enrolled in the first year of the Degree Course in Educational Studies are required to have reached a level of proficiency in History, Philosophy, Pedagogics, Psychology.
Each year, entry tests are held in September.
Services for the Degree Course
Admission to Italian Universities is possible only if the student holds a Diploma di Maturità ("A" Levels/Higher School Certificate) gained after 5 years at a high school.
Evaluation tests are freely available online on the University Website for the following foreign languages: French, English, Spanish, and German. Passing these tests ensures that students have the minimum linguistic competencies required to then take the Foreign Language Tests attesting to their knowledge of the languages which are part of their Study Plan.
The Faculty offers a tutoring service involving teaching staff, tutors and students. The aim is to assist and advise students in their studies. In particular, help is given to students enrolling in the weeks just before lessons start and assistance is given as regards transfers from Vecchio ordinamento to nuovo ordinamento, and from other universities or other degree courses. Advice is given also as regards the student’s choice of specialization and his study and training projects.
Various opportunities are offered which are linked to the student's training and thesis topic.
These are the result of collaboration between the University and host companies or public bodies, both of which aim to identify the trainee's objectives, plan the activities to be undertaken by the trainee (backed up and supervised by the university teaching staff and tutors) and outline the end result.
The Faculty has implemented collaboration and international exchanges with the Universities of Barcelona, Perpignan, Geneva, Freiburg ...
About the School
The University of Bergamo is located in Lombardia, a region in Northern Italy with more than 10 millions inhabitants and one of the regions with the highest GDP pro capita in Europe.