Major or Minor in Cybersecurity
Students can major in Cybersecurity and receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity. You may also major in any other discipline at the university and minor in Cybersecurity. (Examples: Criminal Justice major and Cybersecurity minor, or Graphic Design major and Cybersecurity minor.)
Co-Major in Cybersecurity
Students in the Teacher Education program may select Cybersecurity as their Arts & Sciences co-major.
Students majoring in Cybersecurity have the option to pursue a double major with any discipline at the university. (Example: Major in both Criminal Justice and Cybersecurity.)
Certificate in Cybersecurity
If you are majoring in another discipline and have an interest in Cybersecurity, you may receive certification in Cybersecurity by taking six courses through the Computer Science Department.
Points of Interest
As a Cybersecurity major, you will receive a solid core of instruction in Computer Science, experience state-of-the-art instruction in a dedicated laboratory, and have the opportunity to participate in progressive activities that will bolster your understanding of the subject. Special features of the program include:
- A foundation of core courses in Computer Science.
- A hands-on laboratory component in practically all Cybersecurity courses.
- Opportunities to enrol in specialty courses that are offered periodically, such as Principles of Robotics, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Computer Graphics, Data Mining, Gaming, or Cloud Computing.
- Opportunities to attend and/or participate in nationally recognized student conferences and student competitions in computer science.
- Field experiences and club activities.
Many of our C.S. faculty are Ph.D. specialists in the fields of computer science, business, security assurance, engineering, and e-learning. Well established in their fields, C.S. faculty credentials include:
- Publishing more than 60 articles in professional journals.
- Holding more than 20 patents.
- Certification in multiple disciplines.
- Positions in the professional community.
With a BS in Cybersecurity, you may pursue a career in many positions such as:
- Network security analyst
- IT specialist
- Military intelligence computer specialist
100% of our 2017 surveyed graduates were either employed or in graduate school six months after graduation.
The average salary of Felician graduates is $50,112.
Where do our students and alumni find internships and employment?
Looking for an internship opportunity? Here is where our students have interned while at Felician:
- Disney World
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Irish Repertory Theatre
- New York Red Bulls Soccer Club
- Pepsi Company
- Prudential Financial
- United Nations
Here is a sampling of where our Felician graduates are employed:
- American International Group (AIG)
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Johnson & Johnson
- Morgan Stanley
- Teachers in the area New Jersey schools
Felician University International Students - https://felician.edu/admissions/international-students/
Felician University Academic Programs - https://felician.edu/academics/academic-programs/
About the School
Founded in 1942 by the Felician Sisters, Felician University is one of the few Franciscan universities in the country, and the only one in New Jersey. We’ve built our reputation with an emphasis on se ... Read More