Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education prepares you for a career in early childhood education, specifically in the formation of preschool and grade school students.
Why take up Early Childhood Education at MC?
Leads to certification in Early Childhood Education (from birth to 8 years old), enabling students to confidently take the Licensure Examination for Teachers.
Opens many career options, among them: Preschool Teachers, Elementary Teachers (Grades 1 to 3), Childcare Center Director, Administrator, School Owner, Home-based service provider, family support specialist, consultant, researcher, and educational resources developer.
Offers a broad spectrum of childhood education courses which provide the necessary knowledge, attitudes, and skills in educating children
Applies understanding of child growth and development, developmentally appropriate and child-centered approaches to teaching and learning and knowledge of curriculum content areas.
Integrates the qualities of a child specialist and develop their artistic capabilities in the form of art, music, theatre and multimedia productions, and other forms that may be considered as the best and most appropriate channels for values education
Prepares students to be of service to in and out-of-school youth, underprivileged children and children with special needs
What Will I Study?
Below are some of the topics and core courses that you will take as an Early Childhood Education student:
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Instructional Resources for Young Children
- Education for Peace, Gender Equality, and the Environment
- Problem and Guidance in Child Development
- STEM for Young Children
- Creative Arts, Music, and Movement
- Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Education Schools
- Play and Developmentally Appropriate Practices In an Early Childhood Learning Environment
- Health and Safety
- Special and Inclusive Education
- Total Programme Units: 209 units
Practicum Sites for Practice Teaching
Our students may be practicing teaching locally and abroad. Below are some of our partner schools where our students did their practicum:
- Miriam College Child Study Center
- Miriam College Lower School
- Summit International School Manila
- The RAYA School
- Mother Goose Kindergarten
- Laro, Lapis at Libro, Inc.
- Dasom Kindergarten, Korea
- Valaya Alongkorn Rhajabhat University, Thailand
- Chiang Rai Rhajabhat University, Thailand
- and other member Schools of the South East Asian Ministers Education Organization (SEAMEO)
Our graduates work in various schools and universities here and abroad. Career options include professions such as:
- Preschool Teachers
- Elementary Teachers (Grades 1 to 3)
- Childcare Center Director
- School administrator
- School owner
- Home-based service provider
- Family support specialist
- Educational Resources Developer
Program taught in: