2019 SZU Admission Brochure for Undergraduate International
Programs Taught in Chinese
- College of International Exchange
- Chinese Language and Literature (Commercial Affairs)
- Chinese Language and Literature (Language and Culture)
- College of Electronic Science and Technology
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Microelectronic Science and Engineering
- Law School
- College of Management
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Management of Marketing
- Information Management and Information Systems
- College of Mechatronics and Control Engineering
- Mechanical Design Manufacturing And Automation
- School of Foreign Languages
- English Education (foundation courses)
- School of Humanities
- College of Information Engineering
- Electronic Information Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- College of Design
- Fashion Design(Specialized test is required)
- Industrial Design(Specialized test is required)
- Environmental Design(Specialized test is required)
- Graphic Design(Specialized test is required)
- Animation Design(Specialized test is required)
- Creative Design(Specialized test is required)
- College of Psychology and Sociology
- College of Civil and Transportation Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Project Management
- Transportation Engineering
- Normal College
- Contemporary Vocal Performance
- Contemporary Instruments Performance
- College of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Programs taught in English
- College of Management
- College of Economics
- International Trade and Economics
Type and Duration of the Programs
- Type of the programs: full-time.
- Duration of the programs: Four years (a maximum of six years).
General Qualifications for Admission
- Applicants must be citizens with a valid foreign passport (whose nationalities are not the People’s Republic of China). He / She should be in good health conditions and of good conduct. He / She should also abide by the Chinese laws, regulations and the rules of the university.
- Applicants should be aged 18 or above, graduated from high school or above.
Application Time and Method
- From 8th May to 20th June
- Please log in the website of CIE: http://lxs.szu.edu.cn
- Click to enter On-line Admission-I have read the above agreements-I agree and then register
- Log in the system and fill in personal information-Visa Information- documents upload-Submit
- Scanned copy of high school diploma and transcript. Graduates shall provide a pre-graduation certificate.
- Scanned copy of passport
- Photo（within six months）
- Language requirement
- Programs Taught in Chinese：
- HSK 5 with scores above 180 (Excluding Chinese Language and Literature )
- Programs Taught in English：
- IELTS 5.5 or above (Excluding English native speaker)
- Scanned copy of one recommendation letter from the original school
In addition to the application materials detailed above, applicants should submit other supplementary materials in time to the requirements of SZU.
* All certificates, diplomas, and transcripts must be issued and notarized by the valid authorities. All of the documents should be translated into Chinese or English.
- After the application deadline, professional colleges will organise a panel of experts to review the application documents. During the process, long-distance or face-to-face interviews will be conducted, if necessary.
- At the end of June 2019, pre-admission results will be sent to applicants via email.
- In July 2019, after confirmation of the list of admitted applicants, admission packages will be posted to applicants according to the address provided online by the applicants.
- Students who are accepted should apply for the X1 visa at their country’s Chinese Embassy (or Chinese Consulate) with“Shenzhen University Admission Notice” and “Visa Application for Study in China(JW202)”, and change X1 visa into a Residence permit for foreign students within 30 days after entering China. Students who don’t apply for the relevant visa and residence permit will have to drop out. SZU doesn’t accept students with non-student visas.
- Students who are accepted must register at the date and the address according to “Shenzhen University Admission Notice”. Registration in advance will not be accepted.
- Liberal arts: 26,000 RMB/person/year
- Science & Engineering: 30,000RMB/person/year
- Medicine, Arts, Physical: 40,000 RMB/person/year
Accommodation and Insurance
- Accommodation: single rooms, double rooms, and en suites are all available. The fees vary from 5,400 to 10,000 RMB for per student per semester. (Water and electricity charges are not included)
- * Students may choose to live off campus. Note that international students have to register at the local police station within 24 hours of moving into off-campus housing.
- Insurance: Students are required to purchase insurance from the College of International Exchange on registration day for each semester. Insurance: 300RMB per semester.
- * SZU implements an insurance system covering all international students. International students must ensure themselves in accordance with relevant regulations of China and SZU. If the students do not insure themselves as required, he or she must purchase insurance within a limited period, otherwise, SZU will refuse to register them.
||Scholarship for studying in Guangdong, 10,000RMB per year
||SZU International student scholarship is 10,000RMB which will be offered by ten months.