The University of Paraíba Valley - Univap recognized by MEC in 1992, is a community non-profit, teaching, research and extension. The history of Univap began from 1954 with the creation of the Faculty of Paraíba Valley law.
Then other faculties have arisen due to the needs of the region, mainly in São José dos Campos, who was rapidly growing with the arrival of numerous industries. Today, the University has more than 40 graduate programs in various areas of knowledge, administered by the Law Schools, Health Sciences, Engineering, Architecture and Urban Planning, Education and Arts and Social Sciences and Communication. As a university also offers Continuing Education and Graduate Stricto Sensu, six Master's programs and three doctoral degrees.
The Univap has at Campus Urbanova, the largest infrastructure of the University: the Institute for Research and Development (IR & D), which provides 44 laboratories, equipped with high precision and cutting edge devices; the Nature Study Center, which aggregates the Serpentarium, the Butterfly Garden and Nursery Medicinal Plants and the Observatory of Astronomy and Space Physics. Currently has three campuses, 2 in São José dos Campos (Urbanova and Castejón) and 1 in Campos do Jordao (Platanus).
Programmes taught in:
- Portuguese (Brazil)