Welcome to Xamk!
Are you interested in practical learning and higher education? Would you like to study in modern facilities with top-class teachers? Are you attracted to new ways of teaching and learning? If you said yes, South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences – Xamk – might be just the place for you.
Xamk is the 5th largest university of applied sciences in Finland. We provide education in eight fields of study, participate in research and development and provide services to the businesses and residents of the area.
There are campuses in four towns: Kotka, Kouvola, Mikkeli and Savonlinna. The range of services on campus is wide: restaurants, cafés, libraries, as well as services to promote studying and student well-being. The learning environments – classrooms, auditoriums, laboratories, workshops – are modern and comfortable.
Xamk is a strong implementer of research, development and innovation (RDI) activities and it is currently Finland’s largest University of Applied Sciences in the field of RDI, based on external financing alone. There are over 170 ongoing projects annually, in which our experts find, test and develop new products and services, or conduct research for future needs.
Participation in RDI brings new dimensions to studies. Students can gain experience in real research projects, challenge themselves to work like professionals and learn to identify what development requires.
Finns are strong believers in education. The higher education system is one of the best with great international connections and low hierarchies.
International cooperation is an important part of our profile, with more than 350 partner educational institutions around the globe.
Facts about Xamk
- 9480 students
- 850 employees
- 1700 graduates per year
- 44 Bachelor’s Degrees
- 30 Master’s Degrees
- 4 campuses
- 350 partner institutions around the world
- Second largest UAS in Finland in terms of budget; annual turnover EUR 70 million
- 63 million euros total volume of research funding
- 15 million euros external RDI funding
2 to 16 September 2020, Joint Application period for higher education in Finland
- Game Design, part-time studies, 21 study places
7 to 20 January 2021, Joint Application period for Higher education in Finland
- Digital International Business, 50 study places
- Wellbeing management, 25 study places
- Game Design, full time studies, 20 study places
- Information Technology, 25 study places
- Environmental Engineering, 20 study places
Xamk provides a broad range of education services.
- bachelor’s and master’s programmes
- open UAS studies and study paths
- multidisciplinary continuing education
- specialisation education
- apprenticeship training in higher education
- Full-time studies leading to a bachelor-level degree last 3.5-4 years (210-240 ECTS).
You can apply to study for a master’s degree if you have a degree from a university of applied sciences or another higher education degree plus at least two years of work experience in the relevant field of study. Studies in a master-level degree programme take 2.5 years (90 ECTS).
Anyone interested in studying may take Open UAS courses, regardless of age and previous education. Open UAS studies do not lead to a degree but may be recognised as prior learning if you become a degree student in the same field of study. Students may choose individual courses or larger modules (study paths).
Follow us on Social Media
XAMK - South-eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences
50100 Mikkeli, Finland
48220 Kotka, Finland
45100 Kouvola, Finland
57100 Savonlinna, Finland