HTMi Mission: Come as a Student, Become a Manager
Over the next decade, the international hotel and tourism industry is forecast to maintain its position as the world’s largest employer and the world’s largest provider of management positions. HTMi’s role is to prepare students for a management career in this, the most exciting industry today. HTMi is supported by a worldwide network of international hotel companies, whose representatives regularly visit HTMi to recruit on campus. HTMi graduates can be found in leading hotel companies worldwide.
HTMi Vision: To be a Leading Hotel Management Institute in the World
The realization of HTMi’s Vision is enhanced through its five Centres for Excellence:
- The School of International Hotel and Tourism Management
- The International Hospitality Research Center Switzerland
- The International Center for Events Management Training Switzerland
- The Center for Culinary Management Switzerland
- The Center for Career Management
The School of International Hotel and Tourism Management
The School of International Hotel and Tourism Management provides high-quality education, training, and work internships to all students.
Students gain Swiss-style diplomas for education and for training, followed by a Bachelor or MBA degree from universities with a long-standing tradition for excellence in degree-level education, all taught in English.
The Bachelor BSc (Hons) Degree is validated and awarded by Ulster University and the MSc Degree is validated and awarded by Edinburg Napier University. HTMi is accredited and recognized formally as a Higher Education Institution with EduQua, the Swiss Association for Quality and Management Systems (SQS) and the British Accreditation Council (BAC). The BAC is a full member of the European Association for Quality Assurance (ENQA). All undergraduate programs and the MSc are accredited by the Institute of Hospitality.
The International Hospitality Research Center Switzerland
The International Hospitality Research Center Switzerland, at HTMi, is unique in Switzerland and is an excellent example of HTMi leading in research and Innovation. At HTMi, research is a key part of all courses and the Institute has its own international research journals: The international Hospitality and Tourism Student Journal and the Contemporary Issues in Hospitality Student Journal. Research is a key part of developing students’ analytical skills, that are essential to be an excellent future manager in the international hotel and tourism industry.
The International Center for Events Management Training Switzerland
The Center for Events Management Training Switzerland provides all students with a focus on training in various aspects of hotel events management. The importance of this relates to the very large revenue and profit from events in a hotel organization. On campus, each semester, there are a large number of events at all levels, including conferences, weddings, and culinary events. The Centre also organizes groups of students to work at, and support, major international events like the Olympics.
The Center for Culinary Management Switzerland
The Center for Culinary Management Switzerland focuses on equipping students with the required skills and knowledge to operate within a kitchen environment, develop recipes and operate within the a la carte and banqueting restaurants, on campus, at HTMi. There is a special focus on European Baking and Pastry Arts, and the Centre has its own online Culinary TV, as well as an online recipe book, with many examples of excellence in culinary arts.
The Center for Career Management
The Center for Career Management at HTMi connects with all major international hotel companies and places students around the world. The Centre organizes international hotel company recruitment events on campus, career trips for award-winning students to leading hotel centers around the world and provides job searching skills and support for all students and graduates. The center also organizes work internships in Switzerland for all HTMi students.
Come as a Student, Become a Manager
On behalf of the HTMi Faculty Board, I welcome you to HTMi. Over the next decade, the international hotel and tourism industry is forecast to maintain its position as the worlds largest employer of people and the largest provider of management positions. We are in a truly international industry, which demands an international mix of managers, to reflect the international nature of our hotels. HTMi’s role is to prepare students for a management career in this, the most exciting industry today.
To allow our students to research, study and train in different aspects of the hotel and tourism industry, HTMi Hotel and Tourism Management Institute has four ‘centers for excellence’. They are the School of International Hotel and Tourism Management, The International Hospitality Research Centre, The International Centre for Events Management Training and The Centre for Culinary Management. Our teaching faculty are all highly qualified and are fully dedicated to our mission of preparing all students for management positions in the hotel and tourism industry, ranging from trainee managers to middle managers to senior managers.
HTMi is supported by a worldwide support network of offices and international hotel companies. To assist us with our mission, each semester, international hotel companies visit us to recruit on campus. In this, they are assisted by the HTMi International Department. Our graduates can be found in leading hotel companies worldwide.
Welcome to the world of International Hotel and Tourism Management, welcome to HTMi.
Ian R. J. Larmour, Director, HTMi
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
We see our responsibility (our CSR), to look after the interconnected various stakeholders in HTMi including:
- Students by providing them with the best possible education, training, placements and professional behavior training to get them ready for careers as future managers.
- Department of Education and related education quality organizations by respecting and abiding by the education rules and regulations and quality standards.
- Parents by not only getting our students prepared correctly but also by respecting the investment made in their children’s future.
- Student recruiters by providing timely, accurate and effective information and maintaining a quality reputation for HTMi.
- The hotel and tourism industry by providing as many qualified students and graduates to support the future of the industry and by supporting that industry in many other ways too, with research, events and other support initiatives.
- The local economy in Switzerland by generating as much wealth as possible to various companies and organizations.
- The environment by ensuring Switzerland’s strict environment and legal framework is embedded in the operational culture at HTMi.
- The staff of HTMi by providing them with all required resources to teach and manage students at the required high-quality level fulfilling the demands of the curriculum and student learning outcomes.
6174 Sörenberg, Lucerne, Switzerland
51 Cuppage Road, #03-05A/07
229469 Singapore, Singapore